Now you can have a rewarding career that helps others achieve vibrant good health
The newest, most exciting career opportunities in the health care sector prepare Health and Wellness Coaches as behavior change experts, helping others with the difficult task of improving lifestyle choices.
This innovative training is based on the award-winning California Institute of Integral Studies renowned Integrative Health and Wellness Coaching Certificate program, and founded on core values of whole person-health from Ayurvedic Science and renowned wellness experts.
The program integrates new standards of the ICHWC and International Coach Federation core competencies.
Why Health and Wellness Coaching?
Health and Wellness Coaching has a growing body of research that supports its unique behavioral change approach as a significant means for impacting health and well-being. Our current health care systems in India are currently undergoing an alarming rise of chronic disease rates, much of which can be halted or reversed by lifestyle improvement. The Health and Wellness Coach serves the entire medical team as a wellness expert, highly trained in the difficult task of adopting healthful habits that are sustainable.
- Health and Wellness Coaching Fundamentals
- Fitness & Physical Activity for a Lifestyle of Good Health
- Nutrition & Ayurvedic Diet for Healthy Weight and Metabolic Balance
- Real Stress Management in a Sped-Up World
- Marketing Your Health and Wellness Coaching Business
- Individuals working in health care who wish to expand their options with a coach approach.
- Health educators who want to learn the latest research and skills in coaching psychology.
- Anyone who has a desire to work in health care but is lacking a clinical degree.
- Also ideal for physical therapists, nurses, doctors, Ayurvedic practitioners, Chinese medicine practitioners, fitness trainers, Yoga teachers, Counselors, Physicians, Human Resource Managers, psychologists, personal trainers, alternative therapy practitioners and anyone who is passionate about helping others live a life of optimum health & wellbeing.
Comprehensive in-classs session by international and national renowned experts followed with comprehensive online modules for the remaining course materials. The program concludes with a practicum in which participants will coach a volunteer client for 4-6 weeks and submit written and audio files of a coaching session for evaluation.
75 hours of comprehensive training consisting of 45 hours in-class and 30 hours online comprehensive study modules.
. Total time: 8 weeks.
- Now accepting applications for the premire training starting 1st August 2018. Apply now (CLICK HERE)
- Define health, health promotion, and disease prevention, applying a whole person perspective.
- Identify 5 major risk factors (sedentary lifestyle, obesity, smoking, stress and poor nutrition) and their proximal causes for 6 most common chronic conditions [obesity, hypertension, diabetes, inflammatory diseases (including atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and degenerative joint diseases), cancer, and chronic pain].
- Understand the basic availability, usage, and interpretation of 6 common biometric measures, lab and screening tests, including BP, BMI, fasting glucose, HgbA1C, lipid panels, and inflammatory markers.
- Understand evidence-based suggestions for:
- Optimizing nutrition and healthy weight.
- Understand the basics of a healthy diet—unprocessed (or minimally processed) whole foods, lean proteins (heavily plant-based), adequate fiber, mono- and poly-unsaturated fats, fruits and vegetables.
- Recognize current evidence-based nutritional interventions for top 6 most prevalent health conditions—obesity, hypertension, diabetes, inflammatory diseases (including atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and degenerative joint diseases), cancer, and chronic pain
Discuss controversial nutritional issues and be able to analyze basic current research regarding these issues.
- Be familiar with the frameworks for a healthy diet from both the conventional approach, as well as from the evolving framework of integrative nutrition, which takes into account the understanding of dietary effects on the inflammatory response underlying most chronic disease conditions
- Know current recommendations for healthy adult exercise in the areas of aerobics, flexibility, strength/endurance, and balance. [based upon physical activity guidelines for Americans from HHS]
- Be familiar with several of the most common monitors and apps for measuring one’s physical activity level (e.g. Fit Bit).
- Be versed in a range of ways to generally increase one’s daily activities level apart from conventional exercise.
- Basic understanding of sleep and important role it plays in overall health and well-being.
- Be familiar with common recommendations for healthy sleep hygiene.
Enhancing emotional wellness
- Basic understanding of emotional intelligence and its importance in healthy management of relationships with self and others.
- Be skilled with several tools and practices for fostering emotional awareness and agility in clients and self.
- Basic understanding of how a sense of purpose or life meaning impacts health.
Reducing behavioral risk factors
- Understand the health consequences of common risk behaviors, such as tobacco use, substance abuse, sedentary lifestyle, etc.
- Know when and how to make appropriate professional referrals for clients whose active risk behaviors exceed the scope and practice of coaching.
- Recognize moderate use of alcohol and know how to screen for overuse and refer for treatment.
- Recognize symptoms of depression, and know how to screen for depression and refer for treatment.
- Basics of the physiology of stress and stress management.
- Ability to apply and teach several healthy mind-body practices, such as breath work, mindfulness, imagery, relaxation techniques.
- Preventing illness and chronic conditions related to lifestyle, such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes, obesity, cancer, and heart disease.
- Know current recommendations for screening for common conditions, based upon age and sex, as put forth by the American College of Preventive Medicine.
- Identify current resources available for client and coach utilization in the area of lifestyle health management.
We are proud to report that this Weljii – CIIS training is aligned with the following quality standards and credentialing organizations.
- Dr. Meg Jordan, PhD, RN, CWP, is on the Executive Board of the U.S. International Consortium for Credentialing Health and Wellness Coaches (ICHWC).
- This (CIIS-Weljii) Health and Wellness Coach training and certification program follows the standards and guidelines set forth by the ICHWC, and is in the process of applying for Permanent Approval status by ICHWC, a designation which will allow those who successfully complete this training to be eligible to sit for the U.S. ICHWC Health and Wellness Coach Certification Examination.
- The (CIIS-Weljii) program is based upon original CIIS Health and Wellness Coaching Certificate Program, which is awarded an unprecedented 402 ACSTH Approved Coach Specific Training Hours as an International Coach Federation (ICF) approved site. These hours can be applied toward the professional coach certifications offered by ICF. The CIIS-India branch is in the process of applying for additional ICF approval.
- The parent program at CIIS has been granted Transition Approval from the International Consortium for Credentialing of Health & Wellness Coaches (ICHWC). Graduates will be prepared to take the International certification exam.