Various Aspects of A Corporate Wellness Program
We all are living in an environment where stress is inevitable in various stages of our life. Life is fast-paced, complex, uncertain, and involves situations that involve anxiety and stress. It is not only prevalent at the personal level but also on a professional level. As per a recent study, 69% of employees worldwide say that their work commitments, professional environment, and working hours contribute significantly to their stress levels. An online statistic shows that 51% of employees worldwide report that they are less productive because of stress.
The concept of a corporate wellness program has evolved greatly in the last few years and involves techniques and methods that are effective and involve holistic wellness of employees, i.e. physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and mental wellbeing. It greatly involves moving from risk identification to risk reduction and helping clients take accountability for their life. It is entrenched in the workplace culture and is a part of an individual’s agenda.
Health & wellness coaching by certified health & wellness coaches helps in combating issues like employee absenteeism, poor health, employee productivity, etc., by cultivating and encouraging positive health choices amongst the employees and employers. A modern-day health coach brings together the principles of fitness, nutrition, and emotional-behavior balance to enhance an individual’s well-being with optimal lifestyle practices. A health & wellness coach offers many valuable tools in working with health behaviors subject to fluctuations in motivation.
Benefits Of Corporate Wellness Programs
• They Are No More Just About Fitness: A health & wellness coaches are experts who understand that wellness is holistic. Emotions, stress, work issues, relationship problems, financial problems, etc., are a few of the issues that can derail a person’s overall health & wellness. These wellness coaches help their clients identify and address whatever may be holding them back.
• Helps In Improving Employee Health Behaviour: The most important aspect of introducing a corporate wellness program is to incorporate sustainable behavioral changes in employees. With ample experience and apt knowledge, education, skills, tools, and social support, a health & wellness coach guides and coaches people into transforming their behavior and habits into a more productive and healthier notch. It is a proven fact that healthy behaviors lead to lower health risks, and lower health risks lead to less chronic disease.
• Reduces the Elevated Health Risks: The basic aim of these employee wellness programs is to focus on helping employees adopt healthy behaviors. Health & wellness programs help in reducing elevated health risks in people that are majorly caused by unhealthy diets, lack of physical activity, stress, excessive smoking & drinking, etc. They successfully acknowledge not only physical but also emotional, psychological, social, and spiritual dimensions of health.
• Tailor-made Health Benefits: A health & wellness program does not work the same for everyone. A high level of personalization is required at every step, which depends upon a person’s issues, problems, and solutions. An effective corporate wellness program caters to a diverse group of people and tailors the program to the needs of individual employees. It is to help the employees reach their goal and achieve their highest level of overall health & wellbeing.
• Reduces Medical Costs: The excellent ability of an employee wellness program helps reduce healthcare costs and improves employee behavior as well. Better mind and body, work more efficiently and spare the need to go to the doctors.
• Encourages Mindfulness: Mindfulness has transformational powers of changing people’s life and cultivating self-awareness and emotional intelligence in them to make better choices. Mindfulness is a precondition for emotional intelligence, and the ability to identify and manage your own emotions to interact more empathetically with people around you. A wellness coach, under a wellness program for employees, helps people improve their self-awareness and emotional intelligence to maintain harmony and avoid burnout.
Corporates these days are hiring health & wellness coaches to provide in-house services to employees to deal with various lifestyle and behavioral changes. This is becoming one of the most sought-after careers for people and has opened several opportunities for people to become certified health & wellness coach in the corporate sector.
Weljii is one of the most awarded and prestigious names in the health & wellness industry in India, offering bespoke employee wellness programs to all. Weljii provides cutting-edge wellness/health coaching expertise packed with behavioral change tools, wellness coach program consultation, and resources. Our wellness coach team acknowledges the importance of not only physical but also emotional, psychological, social & spiritual dimensions of employees’ health in an organization. For more details, contact us now.