5 WAYS TO KICK START YOUR METABOLISM AND BURN MORE CALORIES
Ever wondered if one size fits all concept was applied to all items- shoes, clothes, food choices, choice of sport, etc. How would the world look like? A continuous monotony! Not a good idea right? But we have got one strategy to fit every shape and size – Health and Wellness Coaching working in tandem with your individual needs to help you boost your metabolism and start being a fitter, more active and the best version of you.
- Eat only when hungry –Visualise a baby and try force feeding the baby, the baby would probably turn away his face when full and just not give in to your efforts. Why is it so? Because the baby is not hungry at that point of time.
Now apply the same concept to yourself .Most of us give in to the industrialized regulated lifestyles of today, that prescribes three meals a day as well as snacks and tea breaks in-between. Many times, we eat out of stress or simply to be social. Instead, learn to listen to your body and eat when you feel hungry. Reduce unnecessary snacking. Indulge in mindful eating and consume only up to 70-80% of your capacity.
- Eat a balanced breakfast –Breakfast makes your body feel supported and fulfilled, making you less inclined to eat through the day. Restore the energy levels that have dropped overnight, recharge your body the way you charge your phones to give a kick start to your brain functioning and metabolism. Fuller stomach post breakfast timings will help you make better food choices throughout the day. Studies show that individuals who skip breakfast repay later with binging that leads to craving carbohydrates and fats.
- Replace simple carbohydrates with complex carbs –Complex carbohydrates are rich in fiber and are not highly processed like refined carbohydrates, take longer to digest and hence provide a sustained source of energy for a longer duration. You will also feel satiated faster with lesser quantity of food and will not have that urge to snack unhealthily between meals. This pattern would then lead to reduce intake of calories and hence lead to weight loss.
- Indulge in healthy source of fats –Ghee has just been declared a super food the kind of fat that is good for your health. Other rich sources of fat such as Omega 3 present in sea food, esp. fishes enhance bone health and promote good cholesterol in your system. This helps in maintaining a proper balance of nutrients in the body and get healthier skin.
- Pick a sport – Activities like exercising, walking/ running, gardening or gyming strikes the metabolic fire and speeds up your weight loss process. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and eating right can make you drop several kilos without even realising
Health and wellness coaching desires to shift focus of the people from weight mindset to health mindset, focusing on body composition rather than weight.The changes one feels from within after adopting the ways mentioned above causes an individual to experience a process that in addition to weight management provides a long term benefit of boosting metabolism. Coaching equips its beneficiaries with the education and resources that help individuals make informed choices, strengthen their inner strengths, and indulge in activities that they themselves desire for their wellbeing. Listening to inner voice and working in accordance with what your body and mind look forward to makes the entire process doable and sustainable in long run.