Let’s be honest, your 30s are the most occupied decade of your life. Ages 30 to 39 are prime time for most of us with a lot of commitments, as well as responsibility towards career, home and family.
For many, turning 30 marks the genuine start of adulthood, where you may have major life milestones. You’re established in a career, and perhaps in a relationship. You might be thinking about starting a family, or may already be married and have kids. It is very important that we dig deeper now into ourselves more so because we need to know where we are, how we reached here and how we are going to do things moving forward. Health and Wellness Coaching can help us achieve our set goals not only related to health but other aspects too like mental wellbeing, financial wellbeing, recreation, stress management, and so on.
You may also have a new family and young children to care for. It’s an exciting time in life, as well as the most important decade that will lay the foundation for the rest of your life – your career, your personal relationships, friendships and even your health! Coaching will focus on helping you prioritise your current issue which needs your immediate action as compared to something that can be focussed on later. This clarity is very important.
The 30s are the prime of life and you have all the energy and excitement with which to approach it. You feel quite great about yourself, and all the careless activities of your 20s – recall those all-night parties and how you still managed to make it to work the next day? – haven’t taken much of a health toll. This comes down to actually how we perceive the surrounding which we are in, what gives us that basic feeling of belonging and comfort.
But the healthy lifestyle habits you ignore now could set the stage for a less than healthy life in your 40s and beyond.
Get started today. Here’s how to have the health of your 30s for the rest of your life.
- Stop stressing: When was the last time you truly relaxed? Relaxation should be part of your daily life. If you can figure out how to kill your stress for a while, you may prevent many illnesses. Figuring out may be brought about by a strong coaching process by which you can come up with your own action plans. Make an effort to master time and your stress level will drop – leaving you to age healthfully and reduce your risk for chronic illnesses.
- Live a balanced life: By the time we are in our 30s, we are all at the point we’ve chosen, but we try to do too much and when we feel pressured, we don’t eat right and skip exercise. Through the eyes of a wellness evaluation done by your Health and Wellness Coach, you can actually pin point where the problem lies, something that you did not realise earlier on, and work on it accordingly. The responsibilities and busy schedules in our life can make it difficult for us to maintain a healthy balance. So it becomes important that we take care of our mind and body by working upon an overall healthy lifestyle goals set by us, not by someone else.
- Have fun: The 30s are always exciting. You are wiser, with experiences to share. It’s important to have fun and enjoy the prime of your life, while taking care of responsibilities. Explore your passion, whether it is music, writing, photography or even a business. This is the time when your private or personal life is going to play a major role in your happiness, success and satisfaction. Socialise more. Bottom line – enjoy your 30s! We do not realise how important this is unless we have worked with a Coach.
- Sleep, rest and rejuvenate: Sleep is a healthy habit. Up to 7-8 hours is ideal but everyone is different. Take action to make sure you get enough sleep every night and be sure to see a doctor if you think you might have a sleep problem. Not getting enough rest not only affects your body but also influences how well you work and how much you enjoy life. The cause of your sleep issues can be digged and delved deeper into, and you might come with a solution that you may not have thought about before.
- Focus on preventive health: We know you’re busy, but it’s time to start screening and testing. Don’t think that because you are “just” 30 you are not at danger for illnesses. Diabetes, high blood pressure and other lifestyle illnesses may be already starting in your body.
You have to catch them quick and make a move now to reduce them. It’s time to talk to your health and wellness coach about preventive healthcare, and make (and keep) those appointments.
How you maintain your health and well-being during your 30s indeed largely determines your health for the rest of your life. Striking a balance between home life and work life is critical. Are things in balance?
Do changes need to be made? A health and wellness coach can help you achieve the right balance. Getting it right can reduce a tremendous amount of stress in your life.