3 Positive Changes You Can Make Now To Sleep Better
In today’s fast-paced and hectic life, a good night’s sleep is one of the crucial factors needed to have a healthy living. It has become an indulgence in people’s life as it has fallen down in between the list of various priorities like work, home, chores, social time, entertainment, etc. However, sleep is of great importance when it comes to the physical and mental health of a person. Our bodies effectively undergo important, vital processes when we sleep. Sleep is also necessary to:
- Maintain a person’s critical body functions
- Restore energy
- Repair muscle tissue
- Allow the brain to process information
As per the study published, sleep deprivation causes irritability, which is an inability to concentrate or stay alert. It was found to be one of the prominent reasons to impair human functioning. Sleep deprivation can lead to impairing the ability to:
- Think clearly
- Control emotions
It can increase the risk for serious health conditions like diabetes, obesity, depression, etc. Each person has unique sleep needs and must see to various ways for boosting sleep quality and sleep duration. A health & wellness coach can be of great help here in helping and guiding people get good sleep. He/she might administer certain factors to understand the sleep disturbances and may use certain methods or tools to help you improve them. Majorly, they help you incorporate certain sustainable and holistic lifestyle changes for a better sleep routine. These lifestyle changes include:
- Bedtime relaxation techniques: A health & wellness coach guides a person to create bedtime relaxation techniques to help them sleep better. Various techniques suggested by them include meditation, progressive relaxation techniques, yoga, etc.
- Creating a sleep encouragement environment: Health & wellness coaches are knowledgeable and experienced people who try to understand a person’s inhibitions and causes of sleep deprivation. And accordingly, they help people induce ways and an environment that relaxes their minds and help them sleep better.
- Limiting the use of caffeine and spirits: Choosing to partner with a health & wellness coach will make a lot of difference in your habits and routine. They help one reduce caffeine and alcohol consumption and follow a consistent sleep schedule. Their recommendations empower people to change their lifestyles and behaviour and achieve optimum health and wellness goals.
Health coaches are uniquely skilled professionals who are trained to listen with an objective, have compassion, and are non-judgemental. They help people uncover the obstacles preventing them from getting a good night sleep and empower them to recognize and celebrate what is supporting their sleep. A health & wellness coach collaborate on adopting habits for calming and quieting a person’s mind and brainstorm a list of options to experiment with and test.
Another effective and fruitful way of getting a good night’s sleep is to become a health & wellness coach yourself and even help others in sleeping better. This will also open various career-related avenues in front of you where you can be a part of a conducive space for health & wellness coaching in India.
Weljii is a renowned health & wellness coaching institute in India that delivers health & wellness coach certification and training programs to all through advanced experiential techniques. We follow a holistic and integrated approach that helps one understand the neuroscience of coaching. You need to browse through our website to learn more about our health & wellness certification programs.