Comprehending the Spiritual Dimension of Wellness and its Importance in One’s life
The spiritual dimension of wellness is about practising a set of core beliefs, morals, principles and values that are essential for attaining a sense of purpose and leading a meaningful life, wherein, these principles are used to guide one’s actions and decisions in life. Figuring out a purpose and meaning may take a lifespan of a time, evolving based on certain life events, experiences and circumstances. Alongside other dimensions of wellness, an individual’s spiritual dimension of wellness keeps fluctuating throughout their lives. It is therefore, natural to experience a variety of emotions while on the journey towards spiritual wellness. These emotions can be both positive or negative such as hope and joy or fear and conflict.
The capability to empower choices and decision-making
Spiritual wellness has the capability to empower one’s choices and decisions in a way that they become easier and most importantly, makes one grounded during phases of change to resiliently, peacefully and gracefully survive during adverse times. Having a spiritual dimension in life also helps one heal from the sufferings of a mental or a physical condition. Spiritual wellness provides a direction to life and encompasses a great level of positivity in form of commitment, hope and faith.
Ways to attain spiritual wellness
There are a number of ways that help one attain optimized levels of spiritual wellness which can be:
- Exploring the core of spirituality
- Spending time with oneself
- Meditating regularly
- Being curious and inquisitive
- An active presence in everything one chooses to do
- Being a good listener and live by a set of principles
- Having the freedom to be one’s real self and considering opportunities for self-growth and overcome the challenges in life.
There are several habits that one must practice for attaining the spiritual dimension in life. Some of these habits can be:
1. Yoga is a set of techniques that helps in improving one’s spiritual wellness by reducing the amount of physical and emotional strain on one’s body and mind. Practicing yoga at all levels can help reduce stress levels, make the immune system more robust than ever, and reducing blood pressure levels along with combating insomnia, perpetual fatigue, depression and anxiety.
2. Travelling helps one take a break from the obligations of a daily-life routine, attain a perspective in life, seek the in-depth aspects of life, reflect on one’s experiences in life and be at peace.
3. Being a mentor, either on a personal or a professional level can be an extremely effective and beneficial builder of one’s spirit that helps others achieve a spiritual dimension in the context of health and wellness.
A person who is spiritually well is successful in seeking harmony with what lies within and externally as well. Weljii’s health and wellness coaching certification course helps in understanding the significance that each dimension of health and wellness holds be it spiritual or environmental and why is it vital to inculcate it in one’s life.