“I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
– Mohammad Ali, a legendry professional sports personality
Health Coaching is one of the fastest-growing fields. In a study – the global health coaching market is expected to be pegged at a whopping US$30 billion by the year 2030.
Becoming a holistic health coach will prove to be a turning point in your professional life. Whether you choose to pursue this career on a fulltime, part-time or as a side income basis, in the beginning, it can pay high dividends in the future once you have established yourself in this practice and industry. You must keep in mind certain things when becoming a health coach, which is highlighted below. A health coach can be associated with a leading health and fitness institute or can pursue on his or her own as an entrepreneur.
To list a few things to remember when becoming a Health Coach
- Be sure you want to pursue this lucrative career and that it is meant for you. Do an introspection and ask yourself about your professional goals in life.
- Remember to seek the best guidance in your endeavour in becoming a Health Coach.
- You do not need a professional background like being a doctor, a health professional, a sports-related person or a gym coach etc. to become a Health coach.
- Remember to associate yourself with a leading Health and Wellness training institute like Weljii.
- Get the best training program and certificate that has market recognition for yourself that suits your exact professional requirement and complements it.
- You need to have some level of basic communication, which is an added advantage; though it can be developed over a period of time once you start practicing as a health coach.
- Know the kind of people and clientele you will be dealing with. Many are affluent and many Health and Wellness Coaches have celebrities as their clients.
- You can make a lot of money, but it involves a lot of toils, dedication and perseverance, and then it is only a matter of time before you establish yourself as a known Health Coach. Always remember that there is a tremendous opportunity, but at the same time there is competition, so you would need to initially work hard to shine in the future.
- Remember that when you become a certified Health Coach, you would need to listen to your clients to understand their needs in their health improvement.
- You may need to network initially especially if you are targeting to establish your own practice on an entrepreneurship basis. Depending your work path, you may end with up high profile and or corporate clients and leading organizations in the future. Be prepared for this, and this could be a big motivating factor for you.
Firstly, you have to be honest with yourself. You need to understand and value your professional goals in life. It is you who is going to become an expert Health Coach, and knowing and remembering the above in your pursuit will definitely help in your journey of becoming a prominent Health Coach. To know more, to identify a suitable certified coaching program and explore future opportunities, call Weljii Institute at +91 8448449481.